I come bearing awful news and wonderful news.
The awful news is that NBC has cancelled Revolution.
The wonderful news is that we still have hope!
Many shows in the past, after being cancelled, have gone on to other networks and been even more successful. One example is JAG. It was on NBC for one year before they cancelled it and then it was picked up by CBS..for 9 more seasons. Now we are hoping that other networks can do the same for Revolution.
Warner Brothers owns Revolution and wanted to see this show get saved as much as we did.
I really think Revolution can be successful on another network where they are promoted properly, don't have such random and long breaks, and have support from the network.
You, the fans, have been so dedicated to this show and have fought so hard. We need a third season so this show isn't left in the dust and can have a proper ending.
The campaign now is "Relocate Revolution"
If Revolution can be picked up by either Netflix, CBS, ABC, FOX, CW, TNT, HBO, AMC, USA, etc. we can get ourselves a third season.
So, one place to go for update is right here: http://relocaterevolution.freeforums.org/index.php
This is a community forum you can sign up for where fans can discuss our next move in saving this show. We're working on gathering contact information for Warner Brothers as well as the other networks. Send e-mails, letters, tweets, anything you can to let them know fans will follow Revolution to their network if they pick it up.
*We also still have the petition up and running, it just has a new target. Sign it, share it, let the networks know we want it!
*Jon Favreau posted on facebook that he has talked to Eric Kripke about how fans want to save the show and move it to another network and they both said they are thankful for the support. We still have a shot, here! He and many other cast and crew members have been very supportive of this.
* You can send an e-mail to Ted Sarandos, he decides the shows that Netflix picks up! His email is TSarandos@netflix.com. When/If you write him, please be respectful and ask nicely for them to pick Revolution up for a third season! Just show him the dedication fans of this show have!
I'll make a separate page on here for network contact info and will be updating with more news as frequently as possible!
Remember why we fight! We're fighting for our show, the cast, & the crew! There is hope for us yet.
Now is when the real revolution begins.
(You guys are the greatest. Seeing the dedication this fandom has for the show is so amazing.)
Monday, January 13, 2014
1. Please join me and follow @save_revolution on twitter! https://twitter.com/Save_Revolution
***PLEASE don't use any planned hashtags before their set time because it reduces the chance of trending.
3. Send an e-mail to Ted Sarandos who is in charge of what is shown on Netflix and ask him to consider picking up Revolution for season 3! TSarandos@Netflix.com
4. Check in to tvtag.com when you watch Revolution! http://tvtag.com/tv_shows/revolution
5. "Like" our facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/revolutionseason3 and let your friends know about it too! I also have an instagram for it @saverevolution and I do occasionally post on my tumblr (URL: monroehaspower) if you guys want to promote on there too!
6. Use your talents! If you're artsy and can make cool fanart or videos or anything to promote Revolution that would be awesome! Show the other networks how dedicated we are as fans!
7. Watch Revolution on Netflix! (& tell friends and family who aren't fans to get started!) Netflix has a spot for "popular on Netflix" and it would be cool to see Revolution up there!
8. IMDb! If you have an account, go to this link--> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/?ref_=nv_sr_2 and give Revolution(as a series) 10 stars and each episode individually, 10 stars! If you don't have an account, it takes 5 seconds to make one :)
9. One idea was to contact different talk shows saying you want to see some Revolution cast members. Ask for Billy, Liz, Tracy, David, etc. and maybe something can come of it!
Here is a list of some twitter accounts of shows we can try contacting.
(You may also want to tweet the accounts of the hosts themselves, you never know, they COULD see it!)
You can also ask the writers about the possibility of starting a kickstarter campaign.
Our goal now is for other networks (SyFy, AMC, etc. and even Netflix) to see the fan dedication. They need to know that we won't go down without a fight! I know we can do this.
If you guys have any questions, comments, or your own ideas to help promote this show, please let me know and e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org :D